7/06/2008

Phantom Embrace

I had a dream last night.
I buried my head in your heart and held you
I felt your warmth embrace me and my tensions fell away
I embraced you fully
Before my family
acknowledging your value and importance in my life
My head upon your heart
Blood beating. Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump
You’re so alive and it makes me want to live.
You held me for a moment.
Pushed back, walked away from my house.
I couldn’t care about my esteemed audience,
I begged.
Like a goddess you heard my pleas and ignored me.
Mere mortal
Merely making the most of it.
Mirrored emotions intensified
Alone. Empty. Empty. Alone.
In front of an audience behind my home
Still feeling the warmth of your embrace around my shoulders

Eyes opened.
City sounds.
Daylight.
Me.
Alone.
Empty Room.
Sleeping on a sofa. Embraced by strangling sheets.
I want to escape
back into my dream
else into a new reality. One that includes you.

No comments: