7/12/2008

Conclusions?

Conclusions?
Oh dear.
I hadn’t thought that far in advance.
I didn’t plan the resolution.

Wait.
Don’t leave.

A permanent exit deserves a conclusion of sorts,
a sweeping summery of life with a slight comic twist.
Or perhaps moral lesson.
Something to make a worthy conclusion to the novel(ty) of our interaction.

Maybe I’ve just read too many books,
seen too many plays,
been in to many improv scenes...
It’s been pounded into my head that the plot must come full circle,
and the initial elements should be reincorporated.

Sadly life has not presented me with the material that would make a good story with a clear cut conclusion. There’s no ironic twist of fate up my sleeve. Tomorrow will likely continue on the same line as yesterday; and next week when you’re absent, life will still continue despite the loss of a friend to share the story with.
The story goes on without you, until I can find some conclusion that will do.

No comments: