6/11/2008

A door is ajar

Two poems starting with the same phrase that popped into my head the other night.

~~~

A door is ajar and a jar is adored by a six year old who just wanted more peanut butter
What a nutter

~~~

A door is ajar and a jar is almost empty
like the postcard she sent me
It said nothing
A note in the night anoints her knight's thoughts
Tune into his sight and be blind to reason
Lance left Arthur
A kings empty bed and a kings crowned head
Wondering what his lady said to steal the night
He wants to be dead
empty mailboxes and lost lonely socks is
What made my Laundry night seem so rocky
Tick tock clocks
Don't tick when they're digital on my phone
And text messages won't leave me alone
And I'm ignoring the boring
So you're the only thing on my mind
ink blots on paper with college lines
And I wrote in the other direction
Through the midsection
Just to make a statement to myself
Like the post card I sent
She won't read this.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

There's something really melodic in your words. I don't know, they somehow sing in my head as I read them. I don't know if you were thinking about meter when you wrote it, but it really comes off as though you were.

Urv said...

I don't really think about meter; but my experience with poetry came from Spoken Word and slam poetry- so what sounds and feels right does have that element even if I don't specifically think about meter.