1/27/2009

Study Break at the Window

With palms pressed against the screen window the woven wires gently cut into my hands leaving delicate prints when I withdraw. The crisp evening air is delicious and I savor the scent of sea breezes lifting moist earth and cut grass into the essence of freedom, an intoxicating scent that calls me. Mother nature reminds me to cool it as clock ticks speed up in a whirlwind of action. To the tune of crashing waves and receding tides, she hides the metronome’s dull thuds in songs of sincerity for she sings haunting melodies of those unaware of beauty clocked in indifference. Like a sailor driven to the rocks by siren songs, I seek salvation and allow myself to be seduced by the sounds and scents until I’m drawn to the window where my palms press the screen and my soul aches to be free of this human body so it can soar beyond my reach above sea torn beaches, breaching the gap between me and immortality. Cloudy thoughts on a crystal clear night frighten me as I return to the caged creature you usually see. I return to those social sensibilities. I bury my head in a mountain of words and lose my mind in the absurd. Etched on my hands, reminders will linger for a few moments longer, until I find something stronger to carry my thoughts away.

No comments: